All of the Old School Racing Leagues will return to fixed setups beginning Friday, January 27. As the poll indicates, league members prefer fixed setups over open setups. This proves out in league participation. We always have more people racing when when we race on fixed setups. The setups provided will be slightly modified versions of the iRacing setups. In almost all cases, no spring adjustments will be made which will limit other adjustments. Some of the things that will be adjusted are
- tire pressures
- small stagger adjustments
- shocks (because the iRacing shock settings are ridiculous on most of the current setups)
- track bars (on cars that have them).
This will produce a baseline setup that is very drivable and should suit everyone well.
Last Week’s Race Winners
- Modified – Donny Moore
- Rookie Street Stock – Kevin LaBree
- Pro Street Stock – Bryce Senesac
- Late Model Stock Car – Brad Carpenter
This Friday night, the Modifieds are at New Smyrna Speedway for a morning race. Practice begins at 9:00 pm eastern time with qualifying at 9:30 and racing at 9:35. We will be using this setup: [wpfilebase tag=file id=2002 tpl=filebrowser /].
Sunday night, the Rookie and Pro Street Stocks visit South Boston Speedway for a race under the lights.
- Rookie Streets Stocks – 6:30 pm eastern, 60 laps
- Pro Street Stocks – 7:30 pm eastern, 75 laps
Both Street Stock races will use this setup: [wpfilebase tag=file id=2004 tpl=filebrowser /].
Last but not least, the Late Model Stock Cars head to Lanier National Speedway Sunday night at 9:00 pm eastern for a 90 lap afternoon race. I’m not crazy about afternoon races in the Late Model but that’s what iRacing is running next week so we’ll hit it Sunday. We will use this setup: [wpfilebase tag=file id=2005 tpl=filebrowser /].