I may start up another OSR League in the near future. Before you vote, here are some things I’m considering.
- Simplicity. Run under league sessions and let iRacing take care of the points. The only viable format option is practice/qualify/race.
- Setups: Fixed iRacing setup.
- Possible cars: 305/360 Sprints, Limited/Pro Late Models, UMP Modifieds.
- I will probably run one track with at least two cars/series for a full season, Saturday Night Short Track style. Possible tracks: Lanier National Speedway and Williams Grove Speedway.
- Broadcasting? If a broadcaster can find his own sponsors to foot his costs plus, the OSR League will be glad to provide entertaining racing action for a reasonable fee. Otherwise, broadcasting pretend races is not a viable business idea.
- Prizes (Cash or iRacing Bucks)? I hope so. I’m about to start looking for a sponsor whose logo/banner will be placed prominently on the OSR website. That will provide any potential sponsor with substantially more exposure than any broadcast. The only other option to offer prizes is to charge an entry fee for the league or per race.
- Rules: iRacing FIRST Sporting Code enforced. Respect.