iRacing has released it’s list of changes for 2015 Season 3. Here are the highlights.
- Opting out of league emails and private messages now works. [so iRacing says :)]
- There will now be a button to launch the graphics configuration utility on the settings panel.
- Popular Races and Practices (what’s hot) will now have a filter to show only sessions using the content that you own. [hooray]
- Registering for a race session will automatically place you in an open practice session while you wait. For some series, if you register for the race more than a couple of minutes prior to the session, you’ll go right into practice. When your race is ready, you’ll be notified and a green ‘Race!’ button will appear on the screen. If you don’t click the Race! button, you’ll be switched over to the race session automatically.
- Race Points/Field Size – Improvements are made in the way race points are calculated so that small field sizes won’t get too many championship points. It also reduces the advantage of high iRating fields.
- New Tire Model – The new model of the tire carcass does a more accurate computation of the tire’s stiffness. Tires now respond much more accurately to tire pressure changes. This is version 6 of the tire model. This will only be implemented on some cars in this build.
- Weather – Reduced extreme wind direction swings.
- Late Model Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS – The setups for the Late Model have been updated, and the visible positioning of the wheels has been cleaned up.
- Legends Ford ’34 Coupe – Updated 3D model, updated chassis torsion and suspension installation stiffness, now has new version 6 tires, minimum cold pressure reduced to 10 psi, updated setups.
- Super Late Model, SK and Tour Modified – updated setups
- Street Stock – Fixed the rear spring bug and updated setups.