iRacing has announced the release notes for 2013 Season 3 with the caveat that they will arrive on Tuesday, July 23 if there are no unforeseen glitches. Here are some of the updates you can look for:
- League Members
– League administrators will be able to assign nick names and car numbers to league members.
- League Information
– League administrators will be able to apply tags (keywords) and other filter options by clicking a Set League Filters button. This update will make it easier to find leagues using a filtered search by keyword. [I think this is an excellent enhancement to the league page.]
- League Directory
– Next Page and Previous Page buttons are working.
– A Filters Button will be added to allow iRacing members to search for leagues by keyword and filter options instead of only by name.
- Preferred car number will allow three digit car numbers.
- Filing Protests just got easier. You will be able to file a protest by clicking File Protest in the header of the member site. Fill out the form and submit. In some cases there will be a time limit for filing protests.
- Downloading Software – The software download page will be enhanced, offering iRacing members the appropriate download option for the operating system being used, and a choice of alternate download options as well.
– The Mac version of the iRacing software will be released in a few weeks.
- Awards – Consistent finish awards will be added. The awards will be given for finishing 2, 5, or 10 races at your own iRating or higher.
- Full Grid Control For League Racing
– When configuring league races, league administrators now have the option to set up the grid in advance rather than using a qualifying session. To do that you choose Open Practice + race.
- Collidable Cones – All cones at all tracks are now collidable.
– You will be able to control some weather parameters in hosted sessions and test sessions, including temperature, humidity/fog (that’s right, fog!), wind speed, and cloud cover.
– Official iRacing sessions continue to use the same weather conditions except that the default weather will be partly cloudy instead of clear. This will make the track temperatures a couple of degrees cooler and will have some effect on lap times and tire wear.
- Tech Tracks
– Tech tracks are tracks that are unfinished but are driveable, and are not on the list to complete. Someday a tech track may be completed or it may never be completed.
– Tech tracks will not be on a schedule for official iRacing series, but they can be used in test or hosted sessions.
- Pit Macros
– New pit service text chat macros will be added:#help – print help message#clear – unselect all request for service
#ws – use up one tear off to clean the windshield
#fuel – Add fuel. Optionally specify an ammount to add, defaulting to your displayed units if
not specified. (#fuel 5, 5g[allon], 5l[iter], 5k[ilo], etc)
#lf – replace left front tire. Optionally specify the pressure, defaulting to your displayed
units if not specified. (#lf 30, 30p[si], 30k[pa])
#rf, rr, lr – same as lf but for the other three tires.
– An option will be added that will allow you to turn off the automatic request for full pit service every time you exit pit road. The default setting is to leave active as it is currently set. You can find the setting in the app.ini file under [Pit Service] autoResetPitBox=1. Set it to 0 to turn off the auto check.
- Replay – A volume level adjustment will be added so that you can adjust the overall replay volume vs. driving volume. This can only be accessed in app.ini for now, and not in the user interface. Look for:
loudnessReplay=0.0 ; Volume adjustment for overall replay volume versus driving volume in dB
- Voice Chat
– A microphone VU meter will be added to the voice chat user interface cluster.
– If you attempt to transmit while someone else is speaking, a ‘no microphone’ icon will be displayed.
- The Street Stock is now using the version 5 tire model.
- Night Racing will be available at South Boston Speedway and Lanier National Speedway.
- A Figure 8 configuration will be added to Irwindale Speedway.
There are a few more things that will be updated. You can find them on the iRacing member site.