- There is no shortage of racers on iRacing. I’ve never seen fewer than 1200 racers online at any time, including 3:00 am.
- You can’t wreck people with impunity in iRacing. You will pay a price for any contact, spin, or off-course excursion. Clean racing is mandatory if you want to be successful.
- It’s easy to set up a league in iRacing, and their system keeps track of all the points, and provides a league page with schedule and calendar.
- Setups are easy to find for iRacing.
- There is an abundance of resources available on the iRacing website as well as third party sites that include FAQs, tutorials, setup files, and more.
- iRacing creates each race track using proprietary laser mapping technology to replicate the tracks with millimeter precision.
- iRacing uses tire construction and physical properties to simulate a real tire’s response.
- iRacing has full “shop access” to every vehicle modeled in the iRacing service to calculate physical and inertia parameters of individual parts.Vehicles are either laser scanned, or design CAD data is used to recreate the visual and physical properties of each car. For aerodynamics data, more recent additions have used computational fluid dynamics to calculate the aerodynamic properties of the cars more accurately.
- With iRacing, I don’t have to download any mods or add-ons. I download one client application and that is updated every 12 weeks.
- I don’t have to worry about providing or finding servers on which to play the game.
- iRacing keeps all my statistics and makes them available to export as CSV files.
- In summary, iRacing makes multiplayer racing very easy, convenient, and fun while providing the most accurate, precise simulation available.
- It costs money to race on iRacing — anywhere from $7.50 to $12.00 a month, depending on the size of the package you buy. You get a good set of tracks and cars with that package, but if you want additional tracks or cars, you can expect to pay a one time licensing fee for each one ranging from $5.00 to $14.95. However, there are plenty of promo codes available for iRacing. If you’re interested, you can check for the latest promo codes here.
- There is no dirt in iRacing. Dirt tracks generally have more character than asphalt tracks, and the racing is different of course. If and when iRacing does add dirt, you can bet they’ll do it right.
If you can think of other pros or cons of iRacing, leave a reply below.
dirt tracks have more character than asphalt.. you are absolutely right