The big news is, of course, #DIRTCONFIRMED.
The OSR Dirt leagues will be practicing in the Street Stocks this week. We will also try to get some practice in the Late Model Sportsman Cars and the 305 Sprint Cars as well. I plan to run a league for each type of car. We will progress to the the higher horsepower cars in the near future. Let’s start at the bottom and learn our way up.
The OSR Dirt Late Model league is live and accepting applications now as is the Dirt Street Stock league which is overflowing. Recruiting is CLOSED in all asphalt leagues.
Please go upvote the iRacing overlay suggestion on the Discord page when you get a chance. The Discord developers seem to sit up and pay attention when a suggestion gets a lot of votes.
Last Week’s Race Winners
- Modified – Chris Roberts – That makes 3 Modified wins in a row for Chris.
- Pro Street Stock – Dan Collinsworth picked up the win at Oxford Plains Speedway.
- Late Model – Jared Beasley won a very intense, close afternoon race at New Smyrna Speedway.
Last Week’s Races
- Please make more effort to close the field under caution. Catch up as fast as you safely can and stay closer to the car in front of you. Consider those behind you that might want to make pit stops. When there are two laps to go, everybody bunch up pretty tight and maintain a steady speed. Drivers in the front, it’s on you to keep the field at a steadier speed. Just keep it as close to the pace speed as you can and try not to jackrabbit after you receive the two to go signal.
- Have you ever heard of ARCA braking? That’s when you use other cars to help you slow down or stop for an incident. It usually doesn’t work. When you see a wreck in front of you, check up and try to maneuver around it. Stop if you have to. You might get hit from behind but your chance of survival is better if you check up or stop. Don’t try to drive through a wreck.
- Over-aggressive driving in Street Stock
- Over-aggressive driving in Late Model
Garland Bennett – Removed from all OSR leagues and blacklisted for retaliation/intentional wrecking, lack of remorse, and refusal to accept responsibility for his own actions.
The OSR Modifieds run an afternoon race at Five Flags Speedway. This setup will be used: [wpfilebase tag=file id=2074 tpl=filebrowser /]. Modifieds run Friday night at 9:00 pm eastern.
Sunday night at 7:30 eastern, the Pro Street Stocks will run a late afternoon race at Irwindale Speedway Inner. Here’s the setup: [wpfilebase tag=file id=2075 tpl=filebrowser /].
For our feature race of the weekend, the Late Model Stock Cars are at Concord Speedway for an afternoon race. That session gets under way Sunday night at 9:00 pm. We will use this setup: [wpfilebase tag=file id=2073 tpl=filebrowser /].
John Winkler3 says
Just an idea. During yellow laps until we get the 2 to go how about staggering the cars. Stay behind the car you are supposed to buy one cars stays high and one stays low. That way you won’t have to check up if someone ahead suddenly checks up. I do this all the time and don’t have to worry about ass ending someone. Just a thought.
Jeff Kendrick says
Sometimes I do that and it is a good idea. I hope others will do it also.