iRacing Senior Vehicle Dynamics Engineer Steve Reis provided an update for iRacing Dirt changes coming in the 2019 Season 2 build. Reis says that uncounted caution laps are coming. I’ll have to take his word for it. I think he believes it. I’m not sure if I do. Anyway, here is all of the information that Steve provided.
- The non-wing sprint cars will both have their cockpit shock adjusters re-enabled.
- The “damper adjustments no longer influencing heights and weights while the car is sitting in the garage” has been applied to all of the sprint cars, midget, late models, and modified. It has a fairly large impact on the sprints and midget, and much less so on the late models and modified. Expect your old setups to need some height/corner weight adjustments to pass tech, especially in the sprints and midget.
- There has been no major development on dirt tire wear. I’d expect it will happen once V7 is fully up and running on the asphalt side of things.
- Caution laps not counting is still a work in progress. It will happen eventually!
- Outside pits is not something we are currently pursuing.
- I’d expect the tire/track interaction update to go out at this point. As Tyler Hudson mentioned, it’s a fairly substantial change in grip, feel, and lap time between the tacky and the slick.