The iRacing Beta User Interface is not being well-received and there is good reason for that. However, the “powers that be” have decided that this is the way of the future for iRacing. This thread is here to list issues found in the iRacing Beta User Interface. If you have encountered issues with the iRacing Beta User Interface, please post a reply below and I will add them to the list and notify iRacing.
- When using the filters on the track selection screen, select Dirt, only some of the dirt tracks are displayed. Additionally, Myrtle Beach Speedway is displayed and that is not a dirt track. Also, both Dirt Ovals and Rallycross tracks are displayed. I would suggest separate filters for Dirt Oval and Dirt Road.
- Filter settings on the track selection screen are not saved when you toggle ‘Show all Configurations’ and you have to reconfigure your filters each time you toggle that setting.
- When Dirt is selected in the filters on the car selection screen, several dirt cars are left out including Dirt Sprint Car – 360, the non-winged Sprint Cars, and Dirt Legends. Also, Rallycross cars are displayed. I would suggest separate filters for Dirt Oval and Dirt Road.
- After exiting a test session (Test Drive) the interface reloads completely from the very start, or so it appears. It’s much slower than running a test session from the website interface.
- When setting up a Hosted race, the server selection defaults to the NL-Ams server. It should default to the correct server based on the member’s location so that the member doesn’t accidentally end up on the NL-Ams server. Additionally, if you set the server, date and time, then leave the settings page and go to checkout or back to car/track/weather selection, the server is changed back to NL-Ams and the time is set back to ‘Now.’
- On the ‘User-Created Races’ screen, when filtering for Dirt Oval, all races are filtered out (excluded) although there are dirt hosted sessions active.
- On the ‘User-Created Races’ screen, when I click Car(s) to sort by cars, the screen reverts to the default sort order every time the screen is auto-refreshed (every 30 seconds).
- League sessions that are created in the iRacing Beta UI do not score points under the iRacing league point system.
- When viewing League Sessions in the Beta UI, the sessions are sorted in some random order. These should be sorted by date ascending as they are on the website.
- Official Races and User-Created Races sometimes display “No Content.” When the system is in this state, selecting Test Drive then attempting to enter a Test Drive session yields no response. Clicking the Test Drive button does nothing.
- When trying to set up a specific date/time for a hosted race, the system will not allow the user to set certain dates. For example, right now (12/19/18) I can’t select a date on or after November 1, 2018. Some of this is based on real world dates when the track is open or closed, but some of it is not.
- When configuring a hosted session, the system does not remember the following settings if the track is changed: Weather Conditions, Time of Day, Practice Starting Track State. The system never remembers the Server Details and always defaults to the NL-Ams server.
- When configuring a hosted session, after clicking Check Out and being directed to the confirmation page, if you click Edit to go back and edit the session, most settings are reset to default.
- In the League Sessions list, the sessions are listed in some random order. The sessions need to be ordered by date, ascending, as they are on the website interface.
- After a league or hosted session has been created, there is no way to edit the session.
After a league session has been created, there is no way to see whether or not the session was created with a fixed car setup or not. Further, there is no way to see the name of the fixed setup to verify that the correct setup was selected (including on the website interface).
- When trying to create a league or hosted race, the date and time selection is extremely awkward. The default date/time is ‘Now’ which is going to cause users to accidentally schedule races for ‘Now’ when they really want them scheduled for the future. Please change this and ask the user to select a date and time by default but leave ‘Now’ as a second option. Also, please modify the selector to display a calendar for the date, then save the user selected date for the next session created by the same member (like the website does) and then have a box to type in a time for the race instead of the numbers with arrows. The numbers with arrows is extremely awkward and does not always work. I am trying to create a league session on March 1, 2019 at 9:00 pm (central) and it can’t be done. The clock will not allow me to select 9:00-9:59. This method is a non-starter.
- For League Admins, all League Sessions configured also appear on the User-Created Races screen. Very cluttered.
- When setting Time of Day on a track with lights, the following message appears at the top of the screen: Time of Day: Selected starting time is after sunset and there are no stadium lights available at the track. Race at your own risk.
- After creating a league or hosted session with a fixed setup then clicking the ‘Checkout’ button, there is no way to verify the fixed setup file being used for the session on the review screen before clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- There is no way to create bookmarks or favorites for frequently used screens.
- There is no way to have more than one screen open in separate windows or in tabs.
- When viewing a league or hosted session details by clicking the session on the ‘User Created Races’ screen, there is no indication of common details like the number of race laps for heats, consolations, and mains.
- The ‘User-Created Races’ screen is cluttered and difficult to read, partly due to the picture in the background and the fact that the meaningful content is not 100% opaque, and partly due to the fact that the screen is simply cluttered by the way the content is arranged and presented.
- There are times when the interface is too sluggish to be usable.
Filter settings on the track selection screen are not saved after you leave that page. When you return you have to set your filters all over again.
Test Drive – No matter what you set for the starting state, the track starts at the default usage of 20%.