Occasionally, iRacing experiences a graphics glitch in which paints, whether they’re custom paints or default iRacing paints, can appear on the wrong cars within the simulation, leading to unexpected issues. This glitch may result in cars displaying with a jumbled or distorted appearance, affecting even unmodifiable elements like light decals, names, and simulation-stamped numbers. In some cases, you might even catch a glimpse of your own car racing behind you in your rearview mirror!
To address this issue, follow these steps:
- Launch the iRacing Simulator (test, practice, race, etc.).
- Access the Options menu.
- Navigate to the Graphics tab.
- If you don’t see many individual performance settings, you may need to click the “Advanced” button.
- Locate the option labeled “Video mem swap high-res cars.”
- Uncheck this option.
- Click “Done” to save your changes and close the options menu.
- To ensure the changes take effect, fully exit the iRacing simulation and then restart it.
By disabling the “Video mem swap high-res cars” option, you should resolve the issue of paints appearing on the wrong cars and restore a smoother and more immersive racing experience.
If you prefer a video…