In order to help boost the car count for their next iRacing Winged 410 Sprint Car Series coming up in a few weeks, the venerable Dirty Old Bastards Racing League will be holding a four week qualifier series. This will be open to all drivers who would like a shot at by-passing the ladder system at DOB. Eligible drivers can try to earn their way right into the DOB 410 Series.
The series will run on Monday nights at 9:oo pm eastern time. The series will run, for the most part, just like the current World of Outlaws Wicked Energy Gum 410 Sprint Series runs with a couple of changes to the formats. The drivers that are currently in the DOB 410 series will be ineligible for this mini series.
Drivers will have to meet three requirements to be eligible for this series. They will have to be 18+ (or have prior DOB experience if under 18 ) with a B class 3.0+ license and 2500+ iRating to be eligible for the series. In order for you to be eligible for a league invitation at the end of the four weeks you will have had to run in at least three of the four races and have a maximum average incident limit of eight. Incident points are counted through the heats and all mains.
Points will be on the line and just because you finish well in points or just because you meet the requirements to be eligible, does not mean that you will be guaranteed a an invitation to the DOB 410 Sprint Series. The league will be looking to take a minimum of five drivers from this series and invite them into their Thursday Night 410 Sprint Car Series.
The racing has been fantastic since the DOB League rebooted following a restructuring during the middle of 2019 Season Four. It’s nice to see 60 car servers get maxed out in less than two minutes sometimes, but the quality of racing kept falling off each season until it truly became no fun to run the shows anymore. The racing is now enjoyable again and the racing action is the best it’s been in Dirty Old Bastards League history.
The Dirty Old Bastards are looking for drivers who want to show up and take part in some fun and respectable racing. If that is the kind of racing you are looking for then DOB is the place for you. Each of the DOB Series will have a cap of 60-70 drivers as their goal is to focus on the quality of the drivers and racing instead of the quantity of drivers.
This mini qualifying series will be hosted from the DOB Special Events League. If you meet the requirements, you may go here to sign up for the series. This series will start Monday night, February 17. More info on the format and schedule is below.
Here are some basic details and rules:
- Server open to 60 cars
- Starting field will consist of up to 20 cars from the heat races if over 24 cars. The rest will come from the B-main to complete the 24 car field.
- Race starts and restarts once the pace truck has pulled into the pits and the leader reaches the restart line.
- No fast repairs available.
- Open Setups
- No black flags cleared
- Single File restarts
- May only exit the pits under a yellow flag after the field has lined up behind the pace truck.
- Lap traffic is to hold their line and let the leaders work by.
- Weather will be set to as close to the real life location as possible.
Race Day format:
- Server Opens: Mondays at 9pm EST
- Practice: ten minutes
- Qualifying: two laps/ two minutes
- Heats: Up to five ten lap heat races, top four advance, top two to redraw for Dash
- C & B main if needed
- Warmup: Six lap Dash consisting of the top two finishers from each heat race. After Dash is completed then there will be two minutes for warmup.
- Feature: Anywhere from 25-50 laps.
410 Race Schedule:
- 2/17: Knoxville 35 laps
- 2/24: Charlotte 35 laps
- 3/2: Eldora 35 laps
- 3/9: Off DOB Speedweeks
- 3/16: Lanier 40 laps
Dirty Old Bastards League Facebook Page
Dirty Old Bastards iRacing League Page
Leave a Reply