The (real life racing) North South Shootout was started by Charles Kepley. Charles was the epitome of a true race fan, and it was his dream to put together a major unsanctioned Modified race. His dream came true for the first time in 2003.
The North South Shootout has historically been held at Concord Speedway. In 2011, the race was moved to Caraway Speedway, but it never enjoyed the success and allure of the Concord races. The Shootout returned to Concord Speedway for 2015.
Old School Racing Motorsports is proud to present the sim version of the North South Shootout at Concord Speedway.
Saturday, November 7, 2015 (All times central)
- Street Stock Rookie 3.0+, Top 20 Qualifiers Start
3:00 pm – Street Stock Practice
3:20 pm – Street Stock Lone Qualifying
3:25 pm – 35 lap Street Stock Feature
- Late Model Class D 2.0+, Top 20 Qualifiers Start
4:00 pm – Late Model Practice
4:20 pm – Late Model Lone Qualifying
4:25 pm – 50 lap Late Model Feature
- SK Modified Class D 2.0+, Top 22 Qualifiers Start
5:00 pm – SK Modified Practice
5:20 pm – SK Modified Lone Qualifying
5:25 pm – 50 lap SK Modified Feature
- Super Late Model Class D 3.0+, Top 22 Qualifiers Start
6:00 pm – Super Late Model Practice
6:30 pm – Super Late Model Lone Qualifying
6:35 pm – 100 lap Super Late Model Feature
- Tour Modified Class D 3.0+, Top 24 Qualifiers Start
8:00 pm – Tour Modified Practice
8:40 pm – Tour Modified Lone Qualifying
8:45 pm – 125 lap Tour Modified Feature
- Sporting Code in effect.
- Open hosted sessions, anyone who meets the license requirements and is not blacklisted can join.
- Each of the five sessions include: default weather, marbles cleaned automatically, starting track state generated automatically, track state carried over from practice, to qualifying, to race. All restarts will be single file.
- This race is for fun only. There are no entry fees and there are no payouts. Old School Racing Motorsports does not currently sanction any money races, but we will be holding more major short track racing events in the future, and we don’t rule it out for future events.