iRacing has dispatched their release notes for the 2013 Season 4 update. The highlights are below.
My Account has already been modified to be less difficult to use, and to permit you to deal with your details and personal information more quickly. You may additionally now control more email communication personal preferences.
You will now find weather configurations for league sessions, race series, popular races, and hosted sessions in your What’s Hot widget.
How-To Videos and Driving School
The How-to video and Driving School areas have been remade. They’re less difficult to use, much faster, and more dependable.
Anyplace you observe a download hyperlink to get the iRacing software, you now have the ability to download all alternate versions of the software we offer. Simply click on “Other Download Options” to see additional options.
Add a Session:
– When putting together a league session, there will be a brand new “NOTIFICATION” area at the bottom part of the page as the final section. Opening up the panel will expose a form with four notification choices:
· Don’t Send – This is the default option. No announcements will be dispatched when this selection is checked.
· Send Now – This will mail out an announcement to the distribution list (see below) at the point in time the session is created.
· Send at Time Before – This will permit the League Administrator to choose an amount of time prior to the session start to dispatch the announcement. The times are from fifteen minutes to two hours in fifteen minute increments.
· Send at Set Time – This alternative will permit the League Administrator to set a precise time and date to distribute the announcement.
– When a notification preference other than Don’t Send is chosen, the following distribution alternatives are shown as well as an area to enter a message and a time selection control:
· Send to All League Members – Selecting this will send out the announcement to all who are members at the moment of the session being developed. Removing a member from the league will have no impact.
· Send to League Members In Grid – This choice will send out the communication to all members in the grid setup for the session. If any member(s) is/are added or removed from the league, the notice will be routed to all existing members at the moment of notification.
· Send to Specific League Members – Selecting this will present a directory of league members from which to choose. Just click on a member’s name to select or deselect.
All hosted sessions together with tournaments and league sessions now support an optionally available maximum incident setting. Drivers who exceed the maximum incident setting will be automatically disqualified from sessions as soon as they acquire the designed quantity of incident points. To manage this setting, look for a brand new checkbox within the hosted session’s “OPTIONAL SETTINGS” section. You will need to check the checkbox and enter a quantity higher than zero.
– Included a brand new regulation that will disqualify a driver in a race session if his or her incident points achieve an incident points limitation outlined in the event options. By default there is no limitation defined. In a race the message you observe when you get an incident point will display your overall incident points for the race so far, eg: “Off Track (1x) Total 14x” If there is a limitation defined, it is displayed after the total, eg: “Off Track (1x) Total 14x/25x” if there is a twenty-five point limit.
New Tire Model – v5 Updates
– There is at this point noticeably better rolling drag computation, which provides more rolling drag and more tire heat.
– Enhanced the low speed vs high speed grip ranges. Now there is a little less low speed grip, and a little more high speed grip.
– Improved/increased the reduction of grip that takes place the thinner the tire tread rubber becomes.
– Cars that have been updated to the v5 model this season are:
· Legends Ford ’34 Coupe
· Mazda MX-5 Cup
· Mazda MX-5 Roadster
· Pontiac Solstice
· SCCA Spec Racer Ford
· VW Jetta TDI Cup
Legends Ford ’34 Coupe
– This car and its Rookie counterpart have been updated to NTMv5 along with other physics refinements.