Bubba Pollard’s name has been associated with asphalt short track racing for the past twenty years. Now, short track racing fans will be able to see him race with the ASA Stars National Tour on a full time basis including the upcoming Sunshine State 200 at Five Flags Speedway in Pensacola, Florids.
The series inaugural event is co-sanctioned with the Southern Super Series. Pollard has won more races in that series than any other driver.
“I think it’s a great place for the first race to be with what they (ASA STARS) are trying to accomplish. When you think of short track racing, you think of Five Flags Speedway,” said Pollard, who has 31 victories in the ASA Southern Super Series. “For me, it’s where I got started; it’s the place I call home and I’m excited for this race (Sunshine State 200).”
“When this deal was announced we said we were going to do it, so that is our plan,” said the Super Late Model driver from Senoia, Georgia. “This is what we (drivers) have asked for. This is what we’ve wanted for all these years and I like being part of the history. Having ASA come back after so many years is important. I’m a racer and I’m going to support it.
“I grew up in an era where I wasn’t able to be a part of it (ASA),” continued Pollard. “When I think of ASA, I think of some of the all-time great drivers, Gary St. Amant, Bob Senneker, Mark Martin, the Sauters and all those guys. They got their name with ASA and they knew they were racing against the best, so I’m excited to see where it goes and to see what short track racing has to offer all the fans.”
The Sunshine State 200 will be live-streamed on both SpeedSport.tv and Racing America.
2023 ASA STARS National Tour Schedule
- Sat., March 11, 2023 – Five Flags Speedway in Pensacola, FL – Sunshine State 200
- Sun., May 7, 2023 – Madison Int’l Speedway in Oregon, WI – Joe Shear Classic 200
- Tues., May 16, 2023 – North Wilkesboro Speedway in North Wilkesboro, NC
- Thurs., May 25, 2023 – Hickory Motor Speedway in Newton, NC
- Tues., July 11, 2023 – Slinger Super Speedway in Slinger, WI – Slinger Nationals
- Sat., July 15, 2023 – Anderson Speedway in Anderson, IN – Greg Hubler Automotive Group Redbud 400
- Tues., August 1, 2023 – Wisconsin In’l Raceway in Kaukauna, WI – Gandrud Auto Group 250
- Sat., September 16, 2023 – Toledeo Speedway in Toledo, OH – Glass City 200
- Sun., October 15, 2023 – Winchester Speedway in Winchester, IN -Winchester 400
- Sun., November 5, 2023 – Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway in Nashville, TN – All-American 400