This is a first look at iRacing Dirt. There is still a ways to go, but this is clearly going to be a lot of fun!
iRacing Vice President Steve Myers added a few comments to help clarify what you see in the video:
- Tear offs are from the helmet. There is no windshield.
- This is the Street Stock and not the Late Model.
- The effects like the amount of dirt hitting the car when nobody is front of you are not final.
- The cushion is still not hooked up so driving the high line would not have the effect of how that would change the handling of the car. You can run all the different lines though and the groove is changing.
- This is literally the first day that things are far enough along with the surface model, textures, and tire model that showing a video seemed appropriate.
- The incident point system will be adjusted slightly to account for the differences in dirt racing.
- Really, a virtual mirror is going to ruin your day? [The virtual mirror can be disabled if you don’t like it.]