iRacing’s Week 13 is upon us again. It’s a time that is notorious for wrecks and lost safety rating, but some people manage to survive and grab those last few safety rating points needed to advance to the next license. Personally, I always steered clear of official races during Week 13 in favor of hosted and league racing.
The Old School Racing Motorsports League will be hosting races during Week 13. Join the OSR League for more fun racing throughout the fall and winter. We race SK Modifieds and Late Model Sportsmen on Wednesday and Friday nights. On Sunday nights we run the 360 and 410 Winged Sprint Cars. See the OSR Racing Schedule for more details. Each OSR Series is operated as a separate league, so when you are ready to join just click the appropriate link and then click Apply to this League.
Join an OSR League now at the links below.
If you’re looking around for official racing, the iRacing Week 13 Street Stock Challenge is the official asphalt series. You can get these setups now and/or come back later as I will tweak and tune all of these throughout the week as necessary.
- Thompson Speedway – Try this setup: Thompson-174wk13-107-OSRacing.net (1 KiB) (June 6, 2017)
- South Boston Speedway – Here is the setup: SouthBoston-174wk13-107-OSRacing.net (1 KiB) (June 6, 2017).
- Lanier National Speedway – Here is the setup: Lanier-WK13-107-50-OSRacing.net (1 KiB) (June 6, 2017) Take it easy entering the turns.
- Charlotte Legends Oval – Setup: CharlotteLegends-WK13-100-50-OSRacing.net (1 KiB) (June 6, 2017)
- Charlotte Oval – Here is the setup: Charlotte-WK13-105-50-OSRacing.net (1 KiB) (June 6, 2017)
- Oxford Plains Speedway – Here’s a track that will test your skill. More than most any track on the service, slow is fast at Oxford Plains Speedway. You don’t need to use much brake. If you’re using a lot of brake, back up your entry and ride the brakes gently into the corner. Don’t spin the tires or break it loose on corner exit. You will wear it out and move to the back if you do. Here’s the setup: Oxford-WK13-105-50-OSRacing.net (1 KiB) (June 6, 2017)
Thanks to Brandon Jenks for providing another setup for Oxford Plains Week 13: Oxford-WK13-105-BrendanJenks (1 KiB) (September 10, 2017)
- USA International Speedway – Here’s the setup: USA-WK13-105-50-OSRacing.net (1 KiB) (June 6, 2017)
The Dirt Legends Challenge is the official dirt series. It’s USA International Speedway during the first part of the week for the Legends Cars. Later in the week, the series will move to Lanier National Speedway. Here are some setups:
For unofficial fun on dirt, there is the new UMP Modified. Here are the setups I have so far:
Here are some tips for an easy way to adjust the asphalt setups. The first thing is, you should try to run consistent laps on the setups just like they are before you start trying to adjust them. But if you want you can try this.
- Loose on entry: Raise right front compression.
- Tight on entry: Lower right front compression.
- Loose on exit: Lower right rear compression.
- Tight on exit: Raise right rear compression.
- Loose on entry and tight on exit: Lower right rear rebound.
- Tight on entry and loose on exit: Raise right rear rebound.
Outside of league and hosted racing, iRacing does offer some other unofficial series.
- The Carburetor Cup Series which features the Monster Energy Cup cars at Talladega Speedway
- The Dallara Dash featuring the 2011-spec Dallara at Charlotte Motor Speedway
- The Pickup Cup with the original Chevy Silverado at the old Daytona 2007
- The Sling Mud for Fun Sprint Cars featuring the 410 Winged Sprint Cars at Eldora Speedway
- The Sling Mud for Fun Dirt Late Models featuring the Super Late Models at Volusia Speedway (yikes!)
- The DIRTcar UMP Modified Series featuring the new UMP Modified Cars at Eldora Speedway, Williams Grove Speedway, Volusia Speedway, Lanier National Speedway. This one will not start until after the build is released, presumably some time Wednesday, September 6.
So if you just want to drive around, have fun, and forget about all those ratings and points, and you don’t own the Monster Energy Cup cars, you can still have freebie fun in the Dallara or the old Silverado.