Week 13 starts in a few days, and iRacing has already posted the release notes for next season. It’s a bit unusual, but I’m not complaining. The headline for this release is the new Italian road course, Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari, also known as Imola. Also, South Boston Speedway got an artwork upgrade.
So let’s take a look at all the things that iRacing has updated and added that I find relevant (mostly short track oval stuff. :D).
The iRacing Website
- The Setup Up Grid button has been moved up the page to a more relevant position on the session creation page.
- The Grid Builder context menu now positions itself correctly.
- Dust and gravel can be dragged and thrown onto the track. This debris then interacts with the racing tires. The debris can accumulate on the tires and it will have an effect on tire grip.
- A cube map update will cause brighter reflections off of object.
- Several patches and fixes were implemented.
- All new iRacing installations will default to DirectX 11.
- All tracks now have complete particle collison. Debris and other particles such as sparks will bounce along the racing surface instead of passing through into the underworld.
- Improved aero, road rolling, and wind sounds for all vehicles.
- The scraping noises that you don’t want to hear, the ones for Armco fence rails and vehicle undertrays have been improved.
- The Info tab on the session screen will show your incident points for the current session.
- The Entries tab on the session screen will have an “INCS” column. You can see the incident points for all of the entries in that column. They aren’t visible during a race session, but they will be visible after the race is complete. Admins are able to see everyone’s incident points at any time during a race session.
iRacing Super Late Model
- Now uses PBR shaders.
- The mirrors have been adjusted.
South Boston Speedway
- South Boston artwork has been upgraded for all track configuration. This includes the track surface, environment objects, and structures. SoBo should now shine like new.
- Fixed that bump at the entrance to turn three. Now I might have to change my racing line at Thompson. hmmm