August 3, 2017
Just something I have been thinking about lately…
I know at first iRacing said that they weren’t going to focus on tracks that had outside pits. I think this is a huge mistake. I’m sure all of us agree that some of the best dirt tracks in the world have outside pits. I could name tons of them. I would love to see 1/4 mile tracks as well. I really hope they change their minds. Also, the pit road speed, and pitting in general is so far off. I am curious as to what everyone else thinks of this too? Other things need changed as well like cushion grip and dynamics overall. What are some of the things you guys would like to see? I am also curious if they are going to change anything, or if anyone has heard anything?
- For Hosted and Leagues: Some sort of open session in which cars are loaded with a track, then the admin selects a race type and a car from within the session. All of the racers are in the session. Admin hits grid and off we go. Then we remain in that session and admin sets up the next race. Repeat. Race types can be the same, practice, qual, heat, main, admin’s choice. This applies to dirt track and short asphalt tracks as well.
- The ability to turn off caution flags in a session and still have a manual admin caution.
- The ability for admin to red flag a race.
- Caution laps don’t count.
- For official races: Dirt license.
- More tracks of course, but that will come in time.
Add that to the list of things you mentioned.
I have heard that the cushion is supposed to be improving in the new build. I think there is a good chance that we will see Lanier National Speedway with dirt in the new build. I’m hoping that we will also get Knoxville which would give us six tracks. That would work out great if we could visit twice per season instead of three times.
Most Users Ever Online: 28
Currently Browsing this Page:
Daniel Muldrew: 5
John WInkler3: 4
Ron Collinsworth: 4
Darrin Isenberg: 4
Vernon Margheim: 1
Stephen Raughton: 1
Coty A Miller: 1
Guest Posters: 1
Newest Members:Austin Beckmann, legendpennington, Vidayo75, JakeW, dwerkman77, Arlaexhitle, aschmier, kheerdink, Langmotorsports, cfranz73
Administrators: Jeff Kendrick: 23